With many airlines beginning to charge for even your first checked bag, it saves both money and time to pack light when you are traveling for business. Here are five tips about how to pack smart:
1. Roll, don’t fold, when you pack. Doing so will prevent wrinkles and creases and make better use of space. Packing heavier items such as jeans, jackets and dress pants at the bottom of the bag will help minimize wrinkling more delicate items.
2. Pick a color scheme for your clothes so you can easily mix and match and stretch items further throughout the duration of the trip. Dark colors hide wrinkles better than light ones.
3. Call ahead to your hotel and find out what amenities it offers, such as laundry service or dry cleaning. Some hotels might provide items like toothpaste in rooms, while others will not.
4. Limit the amount of shoes you bring, instead opting to pick one pair for business and one more casual pair on the plane. If the weather forecast predicts inclement weather, store shoes in plastic bags so they don’t ruin clothes in the suitcase on the way home.
5. If you must check a bag, make sure you pack an extra outfit in your carry-on bag in case your luggage is lost. You don’t want to show up to your business meeting unprepared!
Follow me on Facebook