Neustar will host an online discussion forum Oct. 23 for industry and government leaders to discuss the threat of distributed denial of service attacks.
DDoS Awareness Day will be an all-day event and topics will include current DDoS trends and potential methods for avoiding the attacks, the company announced Thursday.
“Whether you’re a massive corporation or a small business, the threat of a DDoS attack remains very real and can have massive financial and structural ramifications,” said Rodney Joffe, a Neustar senior vice president and fellow.
Fellow is one of several confirmed speakers for the event.
“By bringing together a roster of experts spanning a number of technical disciplines, we hope that companies and individuals will leave DDoS Awareness Day feeling better equipped to handle and prevent these attacks.”
Other speakers include:
- Mark Bregman, Neustar chief technology officer
- Jonathan Coombes, Neustar chief information security officer
- Gary Sockrider, Arbor Networks solutions architect for the Americas
- Darren Anstee, Arbor Networks solutions architect global team manager
- Michael Murray, The Hacker Academy co-founder and managing partner
- Allison Nixon, Integralis security consultant
- Mark Weatherford, The Chertoff Group president
Follow me on Facebook