The PTR Group will sponsor six high school teams for an annual robotics competition meant to foster future scientists and engineers.
The company will provide mentors and financial support for the 2014 For the Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology Robotics Competition, PTR Group said Monday.
PTR said the company’s involvement in the competition has also helped students from PTR-sponsored teams gain scholarships for science, technology, engineering and mathematics-related programs at different universities.
The six teams from four states include:
- Atholton High School in Columbia, Md.
- McDowell High School in Erie, Pa.
- Rockwall High School in Rockwall, Texas
- Christiansburg High School in Christiansburg, Va.
- Herndon High School and NASA HQ in Herndon, Va.
- James Madison High School in Vienna, Va.
Follow me on Facebook