The “Big Data Everywhere” conference will bring users and developers together to share their experience via technical sessions and user success stories.
Industry leaders will also exchange Hadoop knowledge, share best practices and also discuss use cases and business applications.
The event will be held at The Sheraton, Tysons Corner VA on Tuesday, May 12th from 8:00 AM – 6:30 PM with full breakfast, lunch, and late afternoon networking cocktail reception provided.
Ted Dunning –committer to Apache Mahout, Drill and ZooKeeper projects and chief application architect for MapR — will present at the summit and offered a primer of the event to Executive Mosaic.
“Big Data Everywhere DC has assembled a great list of speakers for this event and an excellent agenda of technical topics,” he said.
At any conference related to Hadoop, I especially look forward to the ‘hallway sessions,’ which are great times to meet and speak with people.”
The event agenda includes topics and speakers:
• The Next Generation Enterprise Architecture — Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy and Architecture, MapR Technologies
• Data Governance in the Hadoop Data Lake — Michael Lang, Director of Product Management, Teradata
• Bots Don’t Drink Soda: Using Big Data to Find Real People — Michael Brown, CTO, comScore
• Python for Big Data in Production — Michael Moore, CTO, Terbium Labs
• The Internet of Things — Kirk Borne, Professor of Astrophysics and Computational Science, George Mason University
• Using Predictive Analytics to Gain Real-Time Insight into Customer Behavior — Suren Nathan, CTO, Razorsight
• Practical Computing with Chaos — Ted Dunning
Executive Mosaic readers receive a 20-percent discount on registration when they enter the code “Mosaic.”
Federal employees may use the code “Federal” to receive a complimentary registration.
This event is also sponsored by Protegrity, Skytree and Data Education DC.
MapR will host two additional Big Data Everywhere events in Denver on May 21 and Boston on June 23.
Follow me on Facebook