The nonprofit organization Women in Technology has selected a group of executives from the public and private sectors to receive its 2015 Leadership Awards, which recognize female executives for their leadership roles in the industry.
WIT said Thursday it honored the recipients of the 16th annual Women in Technology during a ceremony at the Hyatt Regency in Reston, Va.
Rebecca Cowen-Hirsch, a senior vice president for Inmarsat‘s U.S. government business unit, was selected for the corporate public sector award in recognition of her efforts to help women navigate the ladder of career development through mentorship and work to pioneer change in the technology community.
“Mentorship is such an important part of what we can do on a daily basis, and I encourage all to take an active role,” Cowen-Hirsch told GovCon Executive.
“Together, we can all empower women to be architects of change in the technology industry for not only technological advancements, but organizational success, as well,” she added.
Awardees and categories for the 16th annual Leadership Awards also include:
- Private Sector Category: Patrice D’Eramo of Cisco
- Government: Robin Thomas of the Marine Corps’ C4 department
- Rising Star: Jenny Madorsky of SRA International
- Small Business/Entrepreneur: Sophia Parker of DSFederal
- Technical Excellence: Lang Ly of Appian
- Unsung Hero: Andrea Hall of Computer Sciences Corp.
Follow me on Facebook