The U.S. Army has released this year’s Superior Supplier Incentive Program list that ranks the top industry suppliers for the military in 2017 based on cost, schedule, technical performance, management, regulatory compliance and small business utilization.
The service branch announced Tuesday that SSIP serves as a basis for companies to learn and improve on the areas that factor into their overall performance as industry partners.
“SSIP provides useful information for companies while helping the Army provide recognition for sustained performance to our soldiers,” said Brig. Gen. Michael Hoskin, acting deputy assistant secretary of the Army for procurement.
The SSIP list ranked 30 business segments across 22 suppliers using the Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System ratings and divided the suppliers into three tiers, with Tier 1 being the highest.
The top business segments that compose Tier 1 are:
- Boeing’s military aircraft unit
- General Electric’s aviation unit
- Hellfire Systems
- Lockheed Martin’s missiles and fire control unit
- Lockheed Martin’s rotary and mission systems unit
- Northrop Grumman’s technical services unit
- Raytheon’s integrated defense systems unit
- Raytheon and Lockheed Martin’s Javelin Joint Venture
- Textron’s Bell Helicopter business
The full 2017 SSIP list can be found here.
Follow me on Facebook